COME VOLUNTEER WITH ACCESS GALLERY!
A good way to learn about our volunteer opportunities is to stop by during open studio – typically Wednesday or Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm. You will be able to see the gallery and discuss more about your interests. If the open studio times are not convenient for you, our programming hours (listed below) are also good times to stop in.
All volunteers receive information and training about the gallery, our programs and working with the artists. Volunteer training is provided through formal and informal formats. Access Gallery has a culture that requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to situations as they arise. While we aim to provide volunteer job descriptions, our specific needs and the amount of work to be done can vary from week to week. Please know that it may take a few volunteer sessions before we know the best way to use your skills and talents. If at any time your volunteer role is unclear, please ask. We value your time and expertise and want to help find the best use of your talents at Access Gallery.
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 10am – 2pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 10am – 4pm
1st Friday: 3 – 9pm
3rd Friday: 3 – 8pm
2nd Saturday: Respite Saturday 10am – 2pm
Our primary volunteer opportunities are listed below:
- Open Studio: Wednesday and Thursdays, 10am – 2pm During Open Studio, volunteers provide support and assistance to the ArtWorks Artists — including helping them to develop their own personal style, marketing their work, helping with commissioned projects and other tasks around the Gallery where needed.
- Teaching Artist: Wednesday and Thursdays, 12:30 – 2pm, as well as occasional planned times during programming hours. Volunteers share their art skills and talent with our artists and students within a wide range of teaching areas including: photography, printmaking, painting, personal development, etc.
- Respite in the Arts Day Assistant: 2nd Saturdays, 9:30am to 2:30pm, and 3rd Fridays, 3:30 to 8:30pm, of each month. During the Respite in the Arts program, volunteers provide support and assistance to the lead artists and help in other ways to make the respite session a successful experience for all participants.
- Committee-Member Positions: Committees meet once a month for 1-4 hours. Access Gallery has three committees–Fundraising, Programming, and Marketing. The committees are involved in helping move the mission forward.
- Gallery Opening Night Assistant: 1st and 3rd Fridays, 4 to 8pm. Volunteers help greet guests, sell artwork and share information about the shows and organization during openings. They also help get the Gallery ready for the openings by cleaning, setting up, stocking art-o-mat and other tasks as needed.
To start volunteering at Access Gallery, please complete our volunteer application. You may contact Cris by completing use the form below or calling 303-777-0997 with any questions or specific interests.